Whether you’re a casual golfer or starting to play seriously, having a private putting green can up your game and give you more time to enjoy the sport you love. Use these tips from synthetic grass experts and have a productive weekend rolling out your very own backyard golf green!
Putting Greens: Why DIY?
Calling in professional landscapers to install your artificial grass is certainly more convenient, but doing it on your own can help you pocket some savings. In addition, some people simply enjoy making things with their own hands, and artificial grass installation can be an excellent weekend DIY project.
Fortunately, it’s relatively easy to install a putting green if you do your research and prepare the installation area properly. There are synthetic grass companies in San Jose where you can get everything you need for your DIY installation, including putting green turf, accessories, and even a comprehensive guide to installing grass on your own.
Better yet, visit their showroom and get first-hand tips from their in-house installer before you embark on your project.
Benefits of Artificial Grass for Putting Greens
Synthetic turf is uniquely suited to golf for several reasons:
- You can customize it based on your preferred slopes and difficulty level.
- You can install as many holes as you want.
- It stays perfectly level so you can consistently practice your shots.
- Rainy day? No need to wait for your putting green to dry out; simply install a drainage system under your putting green to drain all rain water and start playing on the dry surface.
- Artificial grass feels like the real thing, so you can always bring your A game from your backyard to the driving range without missing a beat.
- You don’t need to wait for the grass to grow; once artificial turf in San Jose has settled down, you can start teeing off to your heart’s content!
How to Install a Backyard Putting Green
It’s easy enough to build your own putting green when you know what you’re doing. First, write a checklist of everything you need for your DIY installation. Decide on the type of turf you want, and list down the accessories and materials you need for the job.
Order materials from synthetic grass companies and once they arrive, follow these steps for successful DIY installation:
- Dig up your yard.
- Spread gravel.
- Dump your infill of choice and consider running a plate compactor over the surface to form a perfectly level and smooth base.
- Roll out the landscape fabric.
- Cut and set the cups using a post-hole digger.
- Roll out the artificial grass.
- Affix seams and birders using staples and turf pegs.
- Reveal the cups by using a utility knife.
- Peg down flags and other accessories.
More Benefits of Artificial Grass
Aside from creating fantastic backyard putting greens in San Jose, artificial grass comes with amazing benefits:
- Minimal maintenance
- No watering
- No cutting or mowing
- No need for chemical fertilizers and toxic chemicals
- Feels like natural grass
- Soft and gentle underfoot
- Looks as good as the first day you install it
- Adds value to your home
Practice your game and upgrade your outdoor living space today with DIY putting green installation in San Jose!